The authoritative text on IV Nutrition Therapy written by Mitchell J. Ghen, D.O., Ph.D. and Nayan Patel, Pharm.D.
Title: The Science and Art of Parenteral Clinical Nutrition Hardcover by Mitchell J. Ghen and Nayan Patel
Hardcover: 389 pages
For a limited time, order now and get free access to the first two videos of the Foundational IV Course
These IV Nutrition workshops make a great compliment to this textbook:
- Foundational IV Nutrition Workshop Featuring Mitchell Ghen
- Supplemental IV Nutrition Education: Osmolarity, Vitamin C, Cancer, and The Boutique Practice
- IV Nutrient Therapies Workshop
The Science and Art of Parenteral Clinical Nutrition looks at the history, philosophy, and practical applications of parenteral nutrition. This text serves as a practical guide for the clinician's practice. It is designed to be read easily and referred to often.
The authors challenge practitioners with thoroughly prepared case studies requiring them to consider how they would apply the principles they have learned. Vitamin, mineral, amino acid, and chelation protocols are discussed in the text. Use of subcutaneous and intramuscular solutions are addressed.
Safe preparation and administration practices are emphasized throughout the book as it focuses on the cellular perspective in functional medicine. This book will enhance readers' learning experience in this field and expand the scope of their capabilities as practitioners.
|Dr. Mitchell J. Ghen is a renowned specialist in anti-aging medicine. The President of the American Academy for Anti-Aging Medicine (A4M) called Dr. Ghen, "One of the top 20 physician practitioners in anti-aging regenerative medicine in the world today." Dr. Ghen currently serves as Professor of Intravenous Therapies for A4M and maintains and active practice in Boca Raton, FL.|
|Dr. Nayan Patel has been recognized as an expert in clinical pharmacy services since 1999. He has built Central Drugs Compounding Pharmacy into one of the leading and fastest-growing compounding pharmacies in the United States. Dr. Patel speaks around the world as a guest lecturer on topics such as hormone replacement therapy, menopause and andropause, osteoporosis, and breast cancer|
- Chapter 1 - A Short History of IV Nutrition
- Chapter 2 - Systemic Considerations of IV Nutrition Therapy
- Chapter 3 - Cellular Effects of IV Nutrition Therapy
- Chapter 4 - Objectives of IV Nutrition Therapy
- Chapter 5 - Establishing an IV Nutrition Therapy Program
- Chapter 6 - Essential Components of Nutrition Therapy
- Chapter 7 - IV Nutrition Protocols
- Chapter 8 - Genetic Variance
- Chapter 9 - Stress Reduction Therapies
- Chapter 10 - Anti-Inflammatory and Antimicrobial Therapies
- Chapter 11 - Chelation Therapies
- Chapter 12 - Detoxification and Cell Therapies
- Chapter 13 - Cancer Therapies
- Chapter 14 - Biological Longevity Enhancement
- Chapter 15 - The Future of IV Nutritive Therapy