Now on DigiVision - $149.00
DigiVision media is a revolutionary technology that Plays in Your Computer on a disc and is User Friendly. You will see and hear the speaker and at the same time the slides advance automatically. It allows you to Review the Slides at Your Pace by adjusting the play speed anywhere from half speed to double speed. You can also Save the Slides as a Picture. The most amazing feature is that you can Word Search the Entire Presentation. It Is Just Like Being At The Show!
- Nuts and Bolts of Fellowship - Session 1 of 7 by W.C. Maples, OD
- Nuts and Bolts of Fellowship - Session 2 of 7 by W.C. Maples, OD
- Nuts and Bolts of Fellowship - Session 3 of 7 by W.C. Maples, OD
- Nuts and Bolts of Fellowship - Session 4 of 7 by W.C. Maples, OD
- Nuts and Bolts of Fellowship - Session 5 of 7 by W.C. Maples, OD
- Nuts and Bolts of Fellowship - Session 6 of 7 by W.C. Maples, OD
- Nuts and Bolts of Fellowship - Session 7 of 7 by W.C. Maples, OD
- Mock Interview for the COVD Fellowship (FCOVD) by COVD Board Review
- Closing Comments by W.C. Maples, O.D.
2009 Fellowship Training on DigiVision :: 2 Full Days
Why Fellowship and Board Certification are so Important by Willis C. Maples, OD
- Understand COVD board certification process
- Be able to complete all open book questions and develop from their records three cases: A. Lens Case; B. Strabismus/Amblyopia Case; C. Learning Related Case
- Successfully complete the multiple choice closed book exam
- Successfully complete the oral interview for fellowship in Vision Development (FCOVD) and the Australasian College of Behavioural Optometrists (FACBO).
About W.C. Maples, OD
Dr. Willis C. Maples earned his B.S. (Geography & Chemistry) in 1964 from the University of Southern Mississippi in Hattiesburg, Mississippi. He earned his Doctor of Optometry degree from the Southern College of Optometry (1968). Dr. Maples practiced in South Mississippi for 12 years, specializing in children’s vision and vision therapy. In 1979 Dr. Maples earned a M.S. degree in Community Health Education from the University of Southern Mississippi.
He is a Fellow of the American Academy of Optometry (FAAO) and is a Board Certified Fellow in developmental vision and vision therapy by both the College of Optometrists in Vision Development (FCOVD) and the Australasian College of Behavioural Optometrists (FACBO). Dr. Maples has been active for 40 years in the American Optometric Association and has served on numerous AOA committees at the national level. He has also been active in the Optometric Extension Program Foundation for 40 years.
Dr. Maples has served in all the offices of the College of Optometrists in Vision Development and has served as Chair of the International Examination and Certification Board. He was awarded by COVD the A.M. Skeffington Award for his contributions to the behavioral literature in 2000. He was awarded the G.N. Getman Award in 2006 for excellence in developmental vision and inter-professional relations. Dr. Maples also holds the title Professor Emeritus from Northeastern State University- Oklahoma College of Optometry (NSU-OCO) in Tahlequah, Oklahoma. He retired from NSU-OCO in 2006. At NSU, he taught for 25 years and was chief of the vision therapy clinic for 17 of those years.
Dr. Maples is presently a Professor of Optometry at the Southern College of Optometry in Memphis,Tennessee where he is a staff doctor, teaches twos seminar courses and is active in clinical research. Dr. Maples is the editor of the Journal of Behavioral Optometry, has written more than 70 articles and is actively pursuing research in the areas of visual epidemiology, refractive errors, oculomotor dysfunction, strabismus, learning disabilities and brain injury. He has lectured extensively in the United States, Australia, New Zealand, Central America, South America, Asia and Europe.
The COVD Library Membership - $400.00/year
The COVD Library Membership gives you access to all COVD content for a full year. All previous content is immediately available to you when you sign up, and new content is automatically added to your account as it becomes available. Maintain your membership and always have the most up-to-date COVD content and the massive archive library at your finger tips. 1st year includes the $800.00 new membership fee plus the $400.00 annual membership maintenance fee. Every year after that is only the $400.00 membership maintenance fee.